Put Yourself In Putnam During The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse - April 8, 2024
Ideally situated along the path of totality, Putnam County has vast open areas to witness the rare astronomical event. Join us, at the primary location at Big Walnut Sports Park for the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse. A list of events and programs offered that day will be listed here as they become available, along with a listing of locations where the eclipse can be viewed.
- Eclipse Information: All information listed here comes from the website, eclipse2024.com.
- Official Viewing Areas:
- Big Walnut Sports Parks – Supported by the Visitors Center, glasses, parking, and restrooms are provided. Free of charge.
- Putnam County Regional Airport – 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The Airport will be hosting vendors, food trucks, games, and more. Parking and restrooms are provided, bring your own chair for the viewing. Free of charge.
- Official Events:
- McKim Observatory Open House Hours – A series of Open Houses at the McKim Observatory will precede the Total Solar Eclipse. You can find the schedule by clicking, HERE, or visiting our Events Calendar.
- Tiger Pointe Country Club – Delicious food and drink, Cornhole and Jenga, and viewing glasses, it’s a weekend party but on a Monday. Paired with our Official Lodging option, the Inn at DePauw, guests will receive additional benefits from this event.
- Official Lodging:
- Inn at DePauw – A two-night minimum stay is required on Sunday and Monday to receive a swag bag filled with Eclipse items, an invitation to a Mimosa Breakfast, discounted golfing, and additional benefits during the Tiger Pointe Country Club event.